Remember how David was working late the other night? He went to work at about 6:30 Thurday morning and finally got home at about 8:00 on Friday morning! Poor guy! So while he slept, I took the kids with me to the gym to give him some peace and quiet. Have I mentioned that I love the gym? I prefer to run outside, but since it is now dark and cold outside early in the morning, I am resigned to the treadmill for the winter. Yes, it's only September, but I live in the arctic. And I'm a baby when it comes to the dark and the cold. And I do love the gym.
I have been a group fitness instructor for a little over eight years now. I was about six months pregnant with Paige when I got certified and she was about two months old when I started teaching. Right now, I am teaching step, kickboxing, and these awesome classes for older adults called SilverSneakers. I am a really awesome yoga teacher, but I don't have any classes of my own right now. Boo to that. And the daycare is non-existant at my gym. It is a mom-and-pop joint and the owners don't think it is worth it. So my kids just watch tv in a little room while I teach, which works out fine for now. However, I'm having another baby. I finally told my boss the other day and she still insisted that they won't bet getting a daycare, so my days may be numbered there. :-( But every dark cloud has a silver lining and here's mine. I just found out that the other instructor is pregnant. Ha! And she is due around the same time as me, so if they want either one of us to teach, then they should really reconsider. And did I mention that this is a small gym in a small town and that we are the only instructors around? Ha!
5 comments:
Hee hee...neener neener to the lame-o gym! No daycare, two pregnant instructors - I'll be interested to hear how they resolve that one. If the gym I went to didn't have a daycare, I wouldn't go. Most of the time I work out bright n' early, but I do like to go to a class once a week or so to mix things up.
Hi there! Danielle blog stalking you from BBC! Love your blog so far! Can't wait to read more. Glad to hear you might be getting your child care after all!
Hey Kathy! Congratulations on having another baby! I seriously need to do a better job of keeping in touch with family!
Wha?! No daycare at the gym? Our childcare often has moms/kids waiting out in the lobby area because the childcare is filled to the maximum! Do they not realize how much more business they'd have with a childcare? Nerds.
Man, I have no clue how you have the energy to do all this! Especially pregnant! I swear, woman, you are some sort of Superwoman. Do you also fight crime while the rest of the valley is alseep???
Post a Comment