It has been ten years, almost eleven, since I have been in school. I thought I was sick of school by the time I graduated high school and there really wasn't anyone pushing me to go to college. Now I wish that I would've just pushed along and gone. I don't know what I would've gone into at that point, but something would've been better than nothing.
So here I am now, twenty-eight years old and starting school again. I have decided that I want to persue getting my RN and now is as good a time as ever. My first class was on Monday and it was Math 107. It's just basic, everyday math, and I am shocked at how much I've forgotten! It's stuff like how to multiply and divide fractions, how to turn a fraction into a percent, geometry and basic algebra. Basic stuff. It is coming back to me, though, so yay for actually being smart even though I used to be lazy and never did my homework. It's amazing the motivation that actually paying for a class gives you.
It is supposed to take me seven semesters to finish with an Associates RN degree, so that puts me graduating in May of 2014. That number sounds like the future. Paige will almost be in high school. At least we won't be in college at the same time.
1 comment:
Kathy, you'll do great! I have encouraged so many people to go back to school and it makes my heart sing when each one finishes. One just started her first nursing job last week and the excitement is contagious. She's got three kids and it's been quite a journey, but it CAN be done!
Post a Comment