Friday, January 23, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

It is my expert opinion that chocolate chip cookies should be soft and chewy, not thin or crispy, and never greasy. And they should be made with milk chocolate and white chocolate chips. I came up with this recipe several years ago to meet those requirements.

3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 package milk chocolate chips
1/2 package white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs. Then add all dry ingredients and mix well. Then add the chips.

Drop by small spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 11 minutes. They should look just underdone and not really browned yet. This is how you keep them soft. They really are done.

2 comments:

Wendy Kremin said...

Kathy, I love your blog! I found it on Whitney's. I think you have the cutest family ever. I'm glad you are a happy one!! Love,Aunt Wendy

Natalie said...

AWESOME!!! I've been looking for a good recipe, I can't wait to try it!