Thursday, July 9, 2009

No Pooing and Vacation

We're in Texas this week and are having a great time. We are staying with Karen and have been swimming everyday, done lots of shopping, and even boating. I'll have more updates on that when we get home and I can post pictures. For now, I'll just update on my No Poo experiment.

Day 2: I didn't work out, so I didn't shower at all. My hair felt like a normal, non-washing day.

Day 3: I did another baking soda/lemon juice (bs/lj) wash before we left for Texas. This time, I used the cone-free conditioner. Hair was soft and still frizzy since I didn't have time to straighten it before we left.

Day 4: We were in Oklahoma for the 4th and it was stinking hot. I did a co-wash and my hair was feeling oily. It was definitely in a ponytail.

Day 5: I did another co-wash and was still feeling oily. It was really weighted down, too.

Day 6: Today I used baking soda without the lemon juice and then conditioner. It is far less oily and decently soft.

Day 7: I went for a run in the Texas heat and humidity, which equals a lot of sweat. I just co-washed and it felt almost back to normal.

Day 8: Another co-wash day and still feeling good.

Day 9: I did another bs/conditioner wash and I think I could've left it down if it wasn't so blasted hot here. It is still frizzy when it dries, but I am planning on getting some cone-free gel and coconut oil to combat some of that. I just need to get to Sally's and Vitamin Shoppe, which I think I can do tomorrow.

No comments: