To officially signal the end of her medical journey, she got her port removed this past Friday, December 12th. Paige stayed with Mom and we headed to Denver early on Friday to make it to her first appointment at 11:30, which was with Dr. Maloney, her oncologist. We knew she was going to have to be NPO, the medical term for fasting, after about 9:00 am, so we stopped at IHOP in Pueblo for Breakfast. That silly girl ordered a cheeseburger and apple slices for her last meal.
Dr. Maloney was very impressed with how well Jenna is doing and how much she has grown. The next check up appointment won't be until next December! Here they are together.
Finally, we checked into the surgery center. After seeing nurse after nurse and getting her changed into the hospital jammies, we went into the play room to wait. Her surgery was scheduled for 3:45 and we had to wait about twenty more minutes for the anesthesiologist to get done with another surgery. Finally, it was time to take her back to the operating room. Jack stayed with a nurse and David and I put on all the required sterile jumpsuits and masks to be able to take her. She was nervous and scared and it was hard to watch her be put under. It breaks my heart every time she has to go through that. The surgery only lasted about twenty or thirty minutes and every thing went great. She woke up without having any fits, which was a big relief.
We are thankful to Kirk and Alyson for letting us stay with them once again. Jenna is always excited to play with Lydia and they have a good time together. We took our time going home on Saturday and did some shopping for snow clothes for the girls. Paige pretty much wears everything out now so there aren't many hand-me-downs for Jenna.
1 comment:
I'm so glad everything went well! I just found your blog on your facebook page...don't know how I didn't know about it before. I'm sure you told me but...you know me. Give Jenna a big hug for me! She looks great! I miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment