Thursday, December 25, 2008

My New Motivation

I know today is Christmas, so Merry Christmas to everyone. But that's not what I am going to write about today. My favorite part of the day today was David's gift to me. He gave me a Garmin Forerunner 305, which is a running GPS unit and I have been wanting one for a long time. It gives me my heartrate, pace, distance, calories burned, and changes in elevation and a lot of other training features, all on a watch. I have been feeling really bummed lately because I have been gaining a lot of weight with this pregnancy. I have also been exercising minimally and eating terribly, so the weight gain is kind of to be expected, but it is also hard to take. So even though I won't be running for the next few months, especially outside, I am going to use this awesome new gadget to help me be motivated to keep fit and not put on another twenty pounds by April. I have a treadmill sitting about five feet from me. I have a Zune MP3 player and a music subscription to all the music and podcasts I want. I have no excuses.

I was just reading a fitness blog about not focusing on limiting the bad foods, but instead focusing on all the good things to eat. I think I will try this philosophy and see how I do. Wish me luck.


3 comments:

Jenni said...

That GPS sounds awesome!!!! Sounds like something I would love to have when I start running this Spring.

Nurse Heidi said...

I LOVE my 305. Have fun with it! And that's wonderful news that Jenna is all done! That's very worthy of celebration.

Natalie said...

Good luck! :) I'm sure you still look amazing and I could still fit the entire pregnant you into one of my pant legs! I've been feeling the same way...sigh. I've already outgrown my bras I was in at 9 months with Aaron...so I'm in BIG trouble. (pun intended) hahaha.