Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Few Fun Things

04 28_3619_edited-1

This is Paige learning how to do a backflip on the trampoline.

david backflip_edited-1

This is David actually doing a backflip on a trampoline.

david splits_edited-1

Speaking of David, a few weeks ago, he was called to be the 2nd counselor in the bishopric.  Crazy, I know!  Our old bishop got a new job in California, and was leaving right away, so that meant our new bishopric had to be formed quick in a hurry.  David got a call to meet with the 2nd counselor in the stake presidency at noon on a Friday and he extended the call.  We were shocked!  This also meant that David would have to be ordained a high priest, which meant that his dad needed to be here to do it.  John was so awesome and got right in the car after work and drove the 12 hours to be able to do it.  He stayed until after Sacrament Meeting on Sunday and then drove straight home so that he could be to work at 6am on Monday.  Thanks, John.  It meant the world to David.

So now that he’s been in for a few weeks, he’s kind of getting the hang of things and we’re learning that we pretty much won’t get to see him on Sundays.  I am thankful that I am married to such a wonderful man that is both worthy and willing to accept such a big responsibility.  I love you, Babe!

In other news, I have a friend, Jenni, that signed up for the Ogden, Utah Half marathon and she isn’t going to be able to run it.  She offered her spot to me last week and I jumped on the chance to take it.  My longest run recently had been six miles, so I did another six-miler last Saturday.  I ran eight today and felt pretty good about it.  I think I’ll run 10 next week.  The race is May 21st, so that gives me one more long run and I’ll either make it 10 or 8, depending on how I feel.  Tooting my own horn, here, but I am pretty proud of myself to be able to train for a half with a month’s notice.  It probably won’t be my fastest race ever, but it will be fun.

And now for something fun to end on:

london swing 1_edited-1

1 comment:

Long Family said...

Lee has been in our Bishopric for almost two years. Crazy these young guys being High Priests. Your family will be blessed for his service. Good Luck on your race. Someday you, Emily and I all need to do one together.

Anna