I signed up to take a dessert to our ward campout potluck tonight. I made over this banana muffin recipe to be a lot more healthy.
I used applesauce instead of butter and added flaxseed for some fiber. I added an extra banana because I had it and reduced the sugar since the bananas are so sweet anyway. I should have used whole wheat flour, but I didn't think about it until just now! That is definitely a better option and I don't think it would change the texture or taste in this recipe.
With all these changes, I'm not even going to consider it a treat! Now I'll just need the willpower to avoid the other desserts...
Banana Muffins
1 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
4 bananas
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
2 T. milled flax seed
Preheat oven to 325 for dark pans or 350 for shiny pans. Spray with cooking spray or use muffin liners.
Combine flour, baking soda, powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, applesauce, egg and flaxseed and combine. Add flour mixture all at once and fold until combined. Don't mix too much.
Fill muffin cups about half full. I got 20 muffins this way. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
No comments:
Post a Comment