Monday, August 3, 2009

Fit By Fall

I am joining a weight loss group that is similar to The Biggest Loser, and it starts today! I still have at least ten pounds to lose of pregnancy weight, so I am hoping this will motivate me to lose it. My friend, Becky, who is actually an internet friend, started the contest. The rest of my group lives around Salt Lake City, so I'll never meet them.

Here are the rules:

Daily Points
5 fruits/veggies: 2 pts

No eating after 9pm: 1 pt

48 oz water: 2 pts

No sweets: 5 pts
Or if you eat 1 treat, you get 2 pts

Minimum 30 min. exercise/day (except Sunday): 5 pts

Weekly Points
Pounds Lost: 10 pts per pound

Maintain: 5 pts

Gain pound: -10 per pound

Monthly Points
Inches lost/month: 5 pts per inch around the waist and the hips (measure on the last day of the month

At the end of the 16 weeks, we give bonus points for the percentage of body weight lost: 10 points for each percent.

Runs from August 3rd through November 22nd

$5 per week if your team doesn’t win, paid monthly

Report by noon Monday

Standard list of what constitutes a treat:
Cookies, cakes, Brownies, chocolate, Candy, Ice cream/ Frozen yogurt, Doughnuts, etc

Whole fruit Popsicles don’t count as a treat.

If it is a member of your immediate family’s birthday you can have one reasonable-sized piece of cake and not have it count against you.

At the end of the 16 weeks, the team with the most points gets to split the money. But of course, everyone wins with a new body! ;0)



So that's it! I weighed in after my class this morning and was pleasantly surprised that I had lost a couple of pounds since the last time.

Weight: 136 lbs

Waist: 35"

Hips: 38"

2 comments:

Amy S. said...

That sounds really cool Kathy! I think I'll make a point system up like that for myself and set up a reward for every time I reach a certain amount of points. It sounds fun!

Natalie said...

OH my gosh that's awesome! I totally want to join!!! This last 10 pounds is killing me!!! Seriously, I've worked out every day for the past month and dieted like crazy...like 800 calories a day tops! And nothing. This stupid scale won't budge.